Last week, my boss asked me to buy chocolate gifts for some of the key people who has been great help in the project. And one of them was - ME!! ehem ehem...
And because I'm a simple minded simpleton, I went down to the nearest Watsons and grabbed like 10 boxes of ......Ferrero Rocher. Sigh. I know...like "lerr...lagi. tak abis2 coklat ni jugak" And as always, during my bus trip home, I would swipe my ipad and look for recipes to bookmark. And whoa! Rima's Ferrero Rocher Brownies caught my eyes! I nearly squealed out with delight when I saw the recipe and was smiling throughout the journey home as I clutched on my box of Rocher chocolates.
That very night, I whipped up the brownies and distributed the rest of the rochers fairly to Nana (my eldest twin dotter), Wawa and Goober (my youngest, only son). This recipe is so easy to make and I was double happy as I got to use my new brownie pans. Its similar to a muffin tin but these are square shaped ones!
These brownies tasted better overnight and i drizzled melted dark chocolate over it to bump up the chocolate factor - not as if it needed more choc factor. Heh.
Ferrero Rocher Brownies (recipe from BisousAtoi)
113g unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped - i used 55% valrhona
96g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 Ferrero Rocher candies, sliced in half
For the Nutella Buttercream
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup Nutella
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 165deg C. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large bowl microwave-safe bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted - i melted butter and pour it over my valrhona
3. Stir until chocolate is melted. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually add in flour; stir until just combined.
4. Spread 1/2 the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Ferrero Rocher candies and cover with remaining 1/2 of brownie batter. Bake for 30 minutes; do not over bake.
5. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Prepare the Nutella Frosting. In a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and Nutella until fully combined. Add in the vanilla extract, confectioners' sugar and heavy cream and mix on low speed until all sugar is incomporated. Turn mixer to medium-high speed and beat the frosting for about to minutes. The frosting will be thich, smooth and creamy. Frost cooled brownies and slice before serving.
Kak Rima said that she prefer the brownie without the frosting and I totally am ready to NOT make the frosting as I pon memang di dalam mood capital M at the time. Malas. But next time, I would really like to try out the Nutella frosting. On another cake maybe.
Okay peeps, packing my Mee Rebus for iftar with my MIL now. Selamat Berbuka!